Friday, March 23, 2007

Unemployed!

This time I will not blog about any scientific topic. I will not even blog about the beauties of my country. Perhaps what I am going to talk about you will find it improper or uninteresting, yet it is something related to my personal life. Since the beginning of the semester, I started working at the Dino’s athlete department as an event staff. Even though the experience did not fulfill me with any professional knowledge since it was completely unlinked to what I used to do for living, it did allow me to live an interesting new experience.
Working in a Canadian environment surrounded by English native speakers, definitively has made me improve not only my listening skills, but it has helped me getting more confidence regarding my speaking. I have to recognize that sometimes is very challenging to do so because at times people speak so fast that it is very difficult to catch up with some dialogues. Additionally, this experience has also helped me with my finances. Although I just worked on weekends, it was enough to earn a few hundreds. But as any part time job, everything comes to an end. Unfortunately this end arrived before I was expecting it and as the Dinos season finished, the event staff become unemployed. So, if anyone knows about any weekend opportunity, please do not hesitate to contacting me.

1 comment:

Alif said...

I agree with you. Canadians speaks very fast. When I worked, I mostly couldn't understand what they are saying. Now, I can understand what the Canadians are talking although they don't say it to loudly.